Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Halloween #1



Hello everyone. Suezette here to share with you my latest creation.
I love this card in all it's creepiness. The image is called 
Halloween #1 and it's by Morgan Fitzsimons . This image is available at 
http://addicted-to-stamps.blogspot.com.au/. I place the image on a 6x6 card (black). 
I wanted it to look like she had the ground around exposing her and obviously the 
creepy crawlies that once feasted on her coming out of the ground. To achieve this I 
used course gravel and mixed it with PVA glue. The bugs I had to colour in aswell because they were orange and green and different bright, unrealistic colours. I placed them as though they were coming out and then waited a day for it to dry. I dreamt 
about this darn card too. I was pleasantly surprised to find it had dried the way I 
intended and went ahead and painted it in Raw Umber acrylic paint. As the card is extremely 'top heavy', I backed both sides with medium weight chipboard. Then 
covered the top with black braided trim. I used Copics as usual to colour my image.


I hope you all have a great day! xx

1 comment:

  1. I really love this. Did a great job like always. Thanks for sharing your work with us. I always look forward to your cards

    ReplyDelete